Greetings! Welcome to Catoctin Colorfest Visitor Information, your go-to source for all things related to this exciting event. We regret to inform you that your current browser may not support the optimal experience. Fear not, for we recommend using browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Safari to make the most of your visit. Now, let’s dive into the heart of the matter! Catoctin Colorfest takes place in Thurmont, MD, every second full weekend of October, and has been going strong since its establishment in 1963. Over the years, this event has transformed into one of the largest outdoor craft shows along the East Coast, captivating thousands of visitors year after year. Prepare yourself for an unforgettable experience, as you explore the abundance of amazing crafts, art, jewelry, clothing, and indulge in a variety of mouthwatering food options scattered throughout the town. From the inviting festival grounds to the vibrant atmosphere, Catoctin Colorfest promises a delightful and engaging adventure for all. Before we proceed further, we must shine a light on the essential information you’ll need to make the most of your visit. Let’s start with parking arrangements. As the festival draws a large crowd, various parking options have been made available for your convenience. You can find parking spaces at locations such as Catoctin High School, NVR 100 Apples Church Rd, Thurmont Elementary School, and limited parking may also be found on Frederick Road. Each location comes with a bus stop, ensuring easy transportation to and from the festival grounds. However, please note that a parking fee is applicable. Now, in case you need some cash to indulge in the festivities, not to worry! While many vendors accept credit cards, some vendors may only accept cash payments. To ensure a seamless experience, we have identified several ATMs for your convenience. Options such as Community Park, PNC Bank, Roy Rogers, and Woodsboro Bank can provide you with the cash you need. As you immerse yourself in the vibrant festival atmosphere, it’s always good to keep nearby accommodation options in mind. Here are some of the closest places to stay near the festival: Catoctin Mountain Park and Cunningham Falls State Park offer camping and cabins, providing an opportunity to embrace the great outdoors. Alternatively, you can opt for hotels like Sleep Inn & Suites or Super 8 Thurmont, or indulge in a cozy bed and breakfast experience at Rambler Inn. Thinking of bringing your furry friend along? While pets are not allowed in the juried portion of the festival located in Community Park, they are more than welcome in the other outdoor areas. So, feel free to explore the festival with your four-legged companion by your side. If you’re an outdoor aficionado, Catoctin Colorfest offers expansive opportunities to revel in nature. Unplug and discover the boundless beauty surrounding you. Fancy a taste of the local libations? Indulge in locally produced wines, ciders, meads, brews, and spirits at our designated Beer Garden. Plus, don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter to receive updates on all things Frederick County. We’re here to ensure your time at Catoctin Colorfest is nothing short of extraordinary. So, let the adventure begin!”
Welcome to the Catoctin Colorfest, an exciting annual event that takes place in Thurmont, MD every second full weekend of October! Established in 1963, Colorfest has grown into one of the largest outdoor craft shows on the East Coast, offering visitors a unique and memorable experience. With a wide array of amazing crafts, art, jewelry, clothing, and delicious food, there’s something here for everyone. Join the thousands of people who come to Thurmont year after year and discover the magic of Colorfest!
To ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience, Colorfest offers parking at various locations around the festival grounds. These parking locations provide easy access to the event and each has a designated bus stop where Colorfest transportation can take you directly into the festival. Please note that limited parking may also be available on Frederick Road, although there is no bus stop at this location. For a detailed overview of parking locations, refer to the parking map provided. Keep in mind that there is a fee for parking, so it’s best to come prepared.
- Catoctin High School (14745 Sabillasville Rd)
- NVR 100 Apples Church Rd
- Thurmont Elementary School (805 East Main St)
- Various bus stops are available at each parking location for convenient transportation to the festival grounds.
- Check out the parking map for a visual guide to parking locations and bus stops.
- Please note that there is a fee for parking at Colorfest.
Colorfest boasts a wide range of vendors who offer an incredible selection of crafts, art, jewelry, clothing, and much more. Take your time exploring the festival grounds, immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere, and discover unique treasures crafted by talented artisans. Whether you’re looking for a special gift or something for yourself, the variety of vendors at Colorfest ensures that you’ll find exactly what you’re looking for.
While many vendors accept credit card payments, it’s always a good idea to have some cash on hand. In case you didn’t bring any with you, Colorfest provides convenient ATM locations throughout the festival grounds for your ease of access.
Community Park (21 Frederick Rd)
- An ATM is available at Community Park for your convenience.
PNC Bank (16 East Main St)
- PNC Bank also provides an ATM for festival-goers who need to withdraw cash.
Roy Rogers (203 Frederick Rd)
- Stop by Roy Rogers and find another ATM conveniently located nearby.
Woodsboro Bank (143 Frederick Rd)
- Woodsboro Bank ensures that there’s easy access to cash with their ATM at Colorfest.
Quench your thirst and satisfy your taste buds at the Thurmont American Legion’s Octoberfest Beer Garden, located at 8 Park Lane. This lively beer garden offers a wide selection of refreshing beverages, including beer and a variety of German specialties. Enjoy the vibrant atmosphere, indulge in tasty treats, and maybe even dance to some lively music. The Beer Garden at Colorfest is the perfect place to relax and have a little fun!
- The Beer Garden is situated at 8 Park Lane.
Food and Drinks
- Get ready for a mouthwatering experience with a variety of refreshing beverages and delicious German food available at the Beer Garden.
Nearby Places To Stay
If you’re visiting from out of town and need a place to stay, don’t worry! There are several accommodation options conveniently located near the festival. Whether you prefer camping, cabins, hotels, or bed and breakfasts, there’s something to suit every traveler’s preference.
Camping and Cabins
- Catoctin Mountain Park offers camping and cabin facilities for those who want to stay close to nature.
- Cunningham Falls State Park is another great option for camping and cabins.
- Ole Mink Farm Recreation Resort provides comfortable cabins for a cozy stay during Colorfest.
- If you prefer staying in a hotel, Sleep Inn & Suites and Super 8 Thurmont are nearby options.
Bed and Breakfasts
- For a more intimate and charming experience, consider checking out the Rambler Inn and Inn at Springfield Manor, both offering delightful bed and breakfast accommodations.
For any additional information or assistance during your visit to Colorfest, be sure to locate the visitor information centers. These centers provide helpful resources and guides to enhance your experience and answer any questions you may have.
- Thurmont Main Street Center – 11 Water Street
- Frederick Visitor Center – 151 S. East Street, Frederick, MD (19 miles from the festival)
- The visitor information centers will provide you with anything you need to know about the festival, local attractions, and more.
Colorfest prioritizes the safety and well-being of its visitors. In case of an emergency, it’s essential to know the locations of the first-aid stations and how to seek immediate assistance.
- In the event of an emergency, call 911 right away to summon appropriate assistance.
- Front entrance of Community Park, where the Thurmont Ambulance Co. apple dumpling stand is located.
- Rear of Community Park, near the ATM machine.
- American Legion.
- Moser Road at Frederick Road.
While the juried portion of the festival in Community Park doesn’t allow pets, Colorfest understands that some visitors may want to bring their furry friends along. Pets are welcome in the outdoor areas of the festival, outside of the park boundaries. Please make sure to adhere to the festival’s pet policy for the safety and comfort of all attendees.
- Pets are not allowed in the juried portion of the festival within Community Park.
- Pets are permitted in the outdoor areas of the festival outside of the park boundaries.
Stay connected and up to date with all things Colorfest by following us on social media. Get the latest news, updates, and exciting highlights about the festival.
Social Media Accounts
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter for all things Colorfest!
In conclusion, the Catoctin Colorfest is an incredible event that offers a remarkable experience to all who attend. From the variety of vendors showcasing their crafts, art, and jewelry, to the mouthwatering food and refreshing drinks at the Beer Garden, there’s something for everyone. With convenient parking options, ATMs, and nearby accommodation, Colorfest ensures that visitors have a stress-free and enjoyable time. Remember to locate the visitor information centers and familiarize yourself with the first-aid station locations for any assistance you may need. So, gather your friends and family, bring your pets (outside of the juried portion), and join us at Colorfest for an unforgettable weekend filled with fun, laughter, and cherished memories! Don’t forget to follow us on social media to stay connected and receive all the latest updates. We can’t wait to see you there!